Your scheduled breastfeeding appointment…
It it ideal to bring a support person, especially if you have other children with you. Take a moment to write down your questions so that we can by sure to get them all answered during your visit. A breastfeeding consultation almost always involves feeding the baby, so try not to feed your baby for 1 1/2 – 2 hours before your appointment.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- It is helpful to bring the following items:
- One beautiful baby! (or two?)
- A hand towel or changing pad
- Burp cloth
- Plastic bag for dirty diapers
- 2 diapers with wet wipes
- Any breastfeeding aids you have been using, i.e. nipple shield, lactation feeder, special needs bottle, etc.
- If you are supplementing your baby, please bring enough expressed breast milk or formula for one feeding
- Filled water bottle for Mom